InSmallGardens Instagram

Friday, August 24, 2012

A great website to encourage and inspire scientists of all ages.

This guy presented at the AISD Science District Meeting. It was hilarious and inspirational. Here is the "About" from the site.
http://www.itsokaytobesmart.com/

"This is a blog about science. But it’s probably not about science the way you’re used to it.

I’m a biology Ph.D. student by day, and I curate and publish everything you see here. We live in the future, and that future is one in which science impacts every part of our lives. But too many people aren’t taking part in that future. Too many aren’t taking part in science. We must teach science as more than facts. It’s a creative process, it’s an instant injection of wonderment, it’s the excitement we feel at the edge of knowledge. It’s for everyone.

Science is awesome, and there’s so much of it to explore. Let me be your guide. Remember, It’s Okay To Be Smart. If you’d like to get an idea why I love to talk about science, check out this post.
If you’d like to show me something interesting, put me on television, hear me on the radio, feature me in a film... or exchange otherwise interesting information, feel free to contact me here or follow me on Twitter.

I live in Austin, TX, I have two adorable dogs and one amazingly beautiful and wonderful wife. I enjoy everything."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed.