InSmallGardens Instagram

Monday, April 6, 2020

Student Sit-Spot Excerpts

Grass - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"I am a blade of grass. I stand with many others like me , but I still feel lonely. I watch all the other insects fly by. I wonder if they feel lonely too, they  seem to fly and migrate all together. But are we similar then we seem? I wish I could turn into a human and have a real conversation or relationship. Maybe I could turn into a bird and fly far away and if I needed something I could just let out a pretty little song. While I’m deep in my thoughts I heard a rustle from the bushes. Could this be the thing that kills me?! Fear fills my head like a river flowing into the sea. But, alas it's just the wind. I go back to my daydreams but deep down I know I will only be a lonely blade of grass."

12 Facts About Oak Trees You Wood Not Believe | The Fact Site
"I am a tree. I am a tall oak tree. I am tall and powerful and i can feel the breeze as the wind gently blows on my trunk, my leaves are green and smell so sweet. Fall is approaching, my leaves will change… my leaves will fall. it is spring and my leaves are bright, filled with color, it's easy to see the light. They will change, time will tell. People waste their time, cutting down other trees and such. I am a lucky tree. I have not been chopped down. Though i am only a tree. I cannot do much about it when I see my brothers and sisters being chopped down and killed. As people walk by, I can hear them chatter. A small girl, no older than 12, came up and sat on one of my branches. She is sitting there, quietly, no movement. I hear her rustling on my branch trying to get comfortable, though its difficult to do such a task with such a hard chair to sit on. More children walk past. They say hello to the girl with a cheerful voice. Then they continue to walk along my trail. My trail is next to a quiet apartment complex. Nothing much ever goes on there. On the other side of my trail, however, you will find two schools, one with younger children who can barely walk. And the other with older children. The older kids are the ones who visit my trail. They only come every once in a while, but when they do come it is always a wonderful experience for us. The girl has left, our visiting time is done. I'll see you next time, but for now, i bid you farewell."


Trail In The Woods Free Stock Photo - Public Domain Pictures
"There I was sitting in the grass when it happened. The very ground seemed to be imploding in on itself as quickly as it started. It stopped taking hundreds of people with it, but I'm getting too far ahead of myself . I'm Zachary... and this is how the world ends....So there I was sitting there then it happened just like R.E.M predicted."







Beautiful Rock Formation In Woods Free Stock Photo - Public Domain ...

"Another human passed by me today, they didn't even notice me, I will be forever lonely. One of the many humans that came into my trail today sat right next to me. They are silent. I hear the sad emptiness of crickets, I hear dogs far away mourning for something to do. I see tiny little insects crawl around and over me. Me a lonely little stone. I see birds flying around in couples singing and dancing gracefully in the air like angels. I smell the blossoming flowers of soon to come spring. I see the damp earth after rain storms. I see and feel the untamed wind pushing anything in its way aside like it is some kind royal figure. I smell the brisk air of the soon to end winter."



Free stock photo of blue, green, sky through trees"I saw the dark green leaves rustling in the light wind.  The birds were singing in the fantastic weather.  You could smell the grass and trees.  It was a sunny day but I was shaded by the tall trees.  It was so calm and peaceful you could just fall into nature.  I saw a spiky plant lying on the ground.  I saw little white ball attached to leaves on the soft ground.  I saw puffy white clouds floating above my head.  I saw so many different shades of green in the trees and in my surroundings.  It made me feel relaxed and connected with nature.  I got to connect with my surroundings instead of worrying about the crazy things in my every day life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed.