InSmallGardens Instagram

Monday, May 11, 2020

Animal Eyes





I am a fire ant and I have lost my colony I scurry around frantically trying to find them. My colony depends on each and every ant to do their job and serve their queen. I have to get back! I head in a bush where I often search for food but nobody is there. All of the sudden I spot a human!  This human could be a danger to my colony. A sense of duty overwhelms I sting its leg repeatedly but to no avail, it is too big, I crawl up to its strange ginormous arms and sting it there, I have finally triggered a response from the human, it screams and shakes me off.  Another human who I did not see at first laughs at the other human. This human is bigger and has longer hair, it is sitting in the bushes with a journal. All of the sudden I find my anthill I am eager to get home. I run along the concrete river and I see a large dent in the shape of human foot on my home I run inside to salvage any of my friends and coworkers that have survived, the damage is massive, I wonder why humans choose to cause so much destruction and I get to work...

Squirrel Feeders: The Best of 2020 (6 total) - Bird Watching HQ 
Squirrel by Charlotte Sigler
I am a squirrel. I’m trying to eat from this bird feeder but these tiny birds keep dive-bombing me. It doesn’t help that two large humans are watching me. But I’ve seen them here before. They put out this delicious seed and always refill the water. I see them a lot, sometimes outside sitting and watching me, or from inside their house. Lot’s of other people come to eat the delicious seed too. The little birds that live inside a house in the tree above where I’m trying to eat, keep dive-bombing me and chasing me up and down the fence. I’m not even doing anything wrong! At this point, I’m in a completely different tree and they're  STILL going after me, this is an outrage!

Squirrel By: Kristin Thompson 


Spring has Sprung 
Hibernation is done 
The hunt for nuts has begun 

I live in a hole 
I live in a burrow
 I live in a lair 
I don’t care what you call it I call it home 

Most people think it would be easy to be a squirrel 
Most people are wrong 

Spring has Sprung 
Hibernation is done
 The hunt for nuts has begun

 After a while I have a good stash 
But then another squirrel does snatch 
The majority of my snacks

 Nuts and berries
 Berries and nuts 
Night did fall
 The sun is gone
 Then an idea comes along 

Spring has Sprung
 Hibernation is done
 The hunt for nuts has begun

 I have no ability to fly
 So footsteps must be kept quiet
 The only sounds heard Are the chirping of night birds 
And the dancing of the trees in the night

 I creep past a few houses
 And the third house I pass Is the location of the thief 
The thief will feel my wrath

 I grab some nuts And Run 

Spring has Sprung
 Hibernation is done 
The hunt for nuts has begun

 I return home
 My stomach is full
 I smile and think
 I’m such a sneaky squirrel!

Golden-cheeked Warbler Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of ... by Heath Smith
I am a bird sitting on a fence, wondering why is the world so harsh? I know the answer, everyone knows the answer. Life is so harsh because it has to when it's most inconvenient. for example I am a bird as you know and and because of the pandemic no one is putting food in there bird feeder so I have to hunt. hunting is hard because even though I know it's the cycle of life it's kind of sad having to eat worms and bugs. If I want to eat I have to be stealthy and sneak up behind bugs or worms and distract them and then I'll eat them. Today Is sinco de mayo so People will be having food out. And there will be water out and sodas and burgers to eat so being a bird is pretty easy right now. There will also be people so I will have to sneak up to get the food. I hope that I'm not caught trying to eat and drink some of the food because some people might try to hurt me because they are mean. And I REALLY hope I don't run into any cats that would be horrible.

Fire Ant by Clara Mirkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your comment will be reviewed.